You’re unique. Your genetics are unique. MyDNA tests at Calanna Pharmacy help you make better health and wellness choices using the power of your DNA.
Taking the wrong medications, eating the wrong foods, doing the wrong exercise, & taking the wrong supplements for your body can lead to poor results, a constant battle to stay motivated, and frustration when your health isn’t improving.
How would it feel to know what exercises suit your DNA best for maximum results?
How much easier would it be if you knew what foods you should eat and avoid according to your DNA?
How much would it help to have insights into what medications are best for your body type so you know whether a paracetamol or ibuprofen will work better, or what sort of antidepressant you should take, what sort of pain relief is best, or even what sort of beta-blocker is best. What about knowing the impacts of caffeine, or vitamins, or the best sort of exercise to lose weight, and knowing your chances of getting type two diabetes?
Yes, MyDNA tests can help with all of those things and more.
What do our myDNA tests cover?
Through the power of your DNA and the cutting-edge technology of the myDNA Medication & Wellness test, you will discover insights into nutrition, fitness, weight management, skin, vitamins & supplements, over-the-counter medications and also which prescription medicines are most suited to your individual DNA. This insight will help your Health Care Practitioner prescribe the right medicines and dosages for you, and also give you incredible insights into what exercise, foods, nutrition, fitness, weight management, skin, vitamins & supplements are best for your body. The myDNA Medication & Wellness tests use PGx to identify variations in a number of genes that influence responses to medications and healthcare treatments.
The myDNA test concentrates on the genes encoding the metabolising enzymes (i.e. CYP450 enzymes) which determines whether you will have positive or adverse effects to certain medications. The test covers multiple medication categories (currently in excess of over 80 medications) to determine which medications are best for your body type and composition.
Who is the myDNA test for?
Patients most likely to benefit from myDNA insights:
Those experiencing side effects to specific medications
Anyone not responding to specific medications
Patients requiring doses of specific medications outside the recommended range
Patients planning to start on a new medication covered by the myDNA test
Anyone taking multiple medications
What medical issues are best supported with myDNA testing?
Those living with health conditions such as:
What is Pharmacogenomics?
Pharmacogenomics (or PGx) is the study of genetic variations that influence responses to healthcare medications.
Pharmacogenomic testing enables doctors and healthcare professionals to test for specific genetic changes and predict whether a patient may have a normal or poor response, or a higher risk of side effects, before prescribing a specific medication.
Turn your DNA Insights into action with a personalise plan
Let’s investigate your health
We would love to meet with you to do your myDNA test
We want everyone to have access to myDNA testing, that’s why our kits are affordable
Once we get your results we will work with you, do further tests if required and help you get real solutions.
We work in harmony with Pharmacists and GP’s to integrate natural and western methods and solutions with results from your myDNA testing.
Your DNA is as unique as a fingerprint – your action plan will be based on your individual needs and results.
Improve or maintain good gut health so you can spend more time doing the things you love.
The myDNA Wellness Practitioner Edition test gives insight into:
- Fat burning & weight– to tell you how well you burn fat and maintain energy levels
- Power V’s Endurance– helps you understand what exercise is best for your disposition
- Appetite & Cravings-
- Stamina- To see how your muscles respond to exercise
- Weight retention- this gene tested is associated with body size & your ability to keep weight off once it’s lost.
- Recovery- Tells us how much recovery your muscles need.
- Fat Storage- Shows us how well you save fats for the future.
- Injury Risk- Insights will be given to show if you are more prone to soft tissue injuries.
- Caffeine Metabolism- you will see how quickly your body clears caffeine and how long the effects may last
- Caffeine’s effect on sleep– this gene will show how caffeine is received in the brain which if you are impacted, caffeine impacts your sleep quality, alertness, and more.
- Nutrition insights- to know what foods are best for your genetic makeup
- Fitness insights-to help you determine what exercise is best for your body & weight loss
Plus lifetime access to an online portal updated with newly reviewed medications.