From a minor ailment to a more serious injury, a first aid kit is a must in every home. Owning a first aid kit in North Queensland is convenient for events such as camping, fishing, swimming at the beach, sports and recreational activities and just general every day household activities.
First aid kits can help reduce the risk of infection or the severity of an injury. First aid kits typically include a variety of supplies that will help treat cuts, scrapes, sprains and burns. You cannot prevent an injury or accident from happening but owning a first aid kit is the first step to being more prepared to treat injuries when they occur.
According to Queensland Health, a basic first aid kit should include the following items:
- crepe bandages of varying widths
- hypoallergenic (skin) tape
- triangular bandages
- adhesive dressing strips (such as bandaids) in different sizes
- gauze swabs
- combine dressing pads (10cm x 10cm)
- non-stick dressing pads (7.5cm x 10cm)
- sterile eye pad
- alcohol swabs
- stainless steel scissors (sharp/blunt) 12.5cm
- disposable gloves
- stainless steel pointed splinter forceps (tweezers)
- shock (thermal) blanket
- safety pins
- notepad and permanent marker
- sterile saline tubes/sachets
- disposable resuscitation face shield
- antiseptic skin swabs
- stop itch cream
- first aid booklet
The Modulator Level 4 First Aid Kit suits all the needs of a family living in North Queensland.
It’s convenient, it’s cost effective and has all the contents you would need in any daily life activity.
This kit is colour coded and it contains 6 injury specific compartments to make it easy during treatment.
All the contents of each injury specific pouch is clearly written so you know what that particular pouch includes.
Keep your family safe this Christmas by updating your fist aid supplies or buying a First Aid kit if you haven’t got one already.
Consider a first aid kit for a Christmas gift for family and friends. Your safety matters.